On behalf of our patients and families, thank you for your consideration in making a donation this holiday season!
Each year around the holidays, Nationwide Children’s receives countless phone calls and emails from the community asking about donating toys to our patients. We will collect toys starting at our annual Toy Drive on Saturday, December 5, 2020 and continue through Friday, December 16, 2020.
Reservations are required.
The Toy Drive Kickoff begins on Saturday, December 5, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Click here for reservations and drop-off instructions.
The Toy Drive continues through December 16. Click here for reservations and drop-off instructions.
Holiday Donation Instructions
Can't make it to our Toy Drive on December 5? We would still love to accept your donation to help children and families staying in the hospital over the holiday season.
December 16 will be the last day we can accept physical toy donations this year to allow for proper quarantine time before distributed to our patients. After December 16, we can accept gift cards and/or monetary donations.
No toy donations will be accepted between December 17 and January 4.
Guidelines for Toy Donations
We need your toy donations now more than ever before. Especially our top 10 most requested items.
Due to COVID-19, to protect hospitalized patients they must stay in their hospital room. That means they often need more things to support their needs for play and normalization. We rely on donated items for these need.
Top 10 Wish List Items
- Plastic infant/toddler musical light up or vibrating toys (i.e. V-Tech, Fisher-Price, Munchkin)
- Teethers & Rattles
- Diverse dolls and action figures
- Basic card games including: UNO, Skip-Bo, Phase 10, regular deck of playing cards
- LEGO sets
- Little Tike & Fisher-Price action figures and play sets
- Disney, Pixar and teen themed DVDs
- Basic Crayola art supplies: markers, crayons, colored pencils
- Medical play kits
- Amazon, Target, and Walmart gift cards
Restrictions and Special Notes
- All toys and in-kind donations must be new. Because of infection control and allergies, Nationwide Children’s cannot accept used toys. This includes stuffed animals that have not been played with but have been on shelves in the home.
- Nationwide Children’s cannot accept donations with weapons or violent themes such as guns, knives, swords or other projectiles. This includes styrofoam or plastic bullets.
- Because it is dangerous to those with latex allergies, the hospital cannot accept items made of latex, such as balloons, erasers and rubber bands.
- Nationwide Children’s cares for a diverse patient population, therefore, please do not include religious messages or themes.
- Out of sensitivity for patients and families, please avoid including personal information on or with donated items. For example, tribute messages, such as “In Memory of or In Honor of,” or business information. It is appropriate to include a website of an organization should families choose to learn more.
- To help us effectively quarantine donations, we ask that items be packed into boxes, not bags, when dropped off. All items should be unwrapped.
Let Us Do the Shopping
If you would like us to the shopping on your behalf, you may make an online donation. Please indicate your designation is for Family and Volunteer Services.
If you would like to mail a monetary donation, please make your check payable to Nationwide Children’s Hospital Foundation.
In the memo section of the check please include: Family and Volunteer Services.
Please mail monetary donations and gift cards to:
Nationwide Children's Hospital Foundation
P.O. Box 16810
Columbus, Ohio 43216-6810
Donation Wish List (PDF)
Amazon Smile Wish List
Nationwide Children's Hospital is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. (EIN: 31-1036370).
Thank you for bringing joy this holiday season to the children and their families cared for by Nationwide Children’s Hospital!