Changing schedules. Supply lists. Forms to fill out. New teachers to meet – in person or virtually. This year especially, heading back to school can be exciting, yet stressful.
We’re here to help you get organized and reduce your feelings of anxiety and stress. Use our back-to-school checklist to make sure you and your child start the year off right.
- Get back into a routine. About 1-2 weeks before school starts, gradually (15 minutes each day) move your child’s bedtime and wake up time back to what they will be during the school year.
- Visit your doctor. Make sure your vaccine records and sports physicals are up to date! Routine check-ups are important.
- Review your child’s expected schedule and new routine for school. Your child has likely been learning from home or doing a hybrid model for the past year. It’s a good idea to sit down and have a conversation about what a full day at school might look like.
- Get organized. Make a plan for each day they are learning from home (if applicable). Print it out or make a board with each daily item.
- Talk about expectations – yours and your child’s. Ask your child what their goals are for the school year. Is your rule that homework be done before screen time? Remind them. If they are learning from home, make sure to schedule in breaks, such as playtime, meals and an end time.
Get the rest of our Back-to-School Mental Health Checklist by filling out the form below. We'll send you a downloadable version of the whole list that you can share with your family and friends.