Break Stigmas with a Ray of Sunshine
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams and On Our Sleeves are teaming up to break stigmas around children’s mental health and provide free educational resources to families across the U.S. by raising funds in their scoop shops and starting conversations with their Sunshine Ice Cream and in-store conversation starter cards.
Sunshine is an ice cream designed to get people talking with a flavor that looks as muted gray as a rain cloud, but tastes like a ray of sunshine. Just as kids don’t always wear their thoughts on their sleeves, Sunshine is a pleasant reminder that things aren’t always what they seem. Sunshine is meant to raise awareness of—and spark conversations about—children’s mental health and support the work of On Our Sleeves.
Here are some great conversation starters to use at home with your family.
- What was the best thing that happened today?
- How were you brave today?
- Tell me your favorite joke!
- If you were the dad or mom of the house, what would be your 3 rules?
- Tell me about something you learned today.
- How were you kind to someone today?
- Name three things for which you are thankful.
- When you feel sad, what do you think about to make yourself feel happy again?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- Pick 3 words to describe yourself.
- What makes you super happy?
You can help Jeni’s break the stigma around children’s mental health and start important conversations. Funds donated through Jeni’s will be supporting the distribution of Kindness Kits across the country. You can join the movement for children’s mental health today with your contribution.