Kindness Challenge: Day Two
Your Challenge: Be Kind to Yourself!
Being kind to ourselves is as important as being kind to others. When we take the time to recharge and practice positive thinking, we're better parents, students, friends, sons, daughters, employees and community members.
Here are some ideas on how you and your kids can show some self-kindness today.
- List the reasons you are awesome. Whether it’s a grocery list or a to-do list, we all make lists from time to time. Today, make a list of the things you love about yourself or things you are proud of. Consider making it a daily habit! Whether you talk about it at the dinner table or end every day by listing three things that you enjoy about yourself or that you’re proud of, you might be surprised at what you come up with.
- Take time to pause and notice your self-talk. Notice if you are being too critical or mean to yourself. We can be our own worst enemies. Would you talk this way to a friend? Remember, our emotions come from how we think, so it’s important you take the time to notice what is on your mind. It may help to write down some of those negative thoughts and come up with a positive way to talk back to those thoughts.
- Schedule down time today. Between work/school, family, friends and everyday responsibilities, some weeks it can be hard to find a spare moment. Block time in your schedule today to be mindful for at least 5 minutes. Here are some things you can do during your mindful moments.
- Think about 3 things or people you are grateful for and why.
- Notice the sights or sounds around you.
- Take deep breaths.
- Close your eyes and imagine yourself in a relaxing place.
Share Your Kindness
Are you participating in the Acts of Kindness Challenge? Spread kindness further by sharing with others on social media!
Create a post and tag #OnOurSleeves.