Kindness Challenge: Day Two
Your Challenge: Be Kind to Yourself!
Being kind to ourselves is as important as being kind to others. When we take the time to recharge and practice positive thinking, we're better parents, friends, sons, daughters, employees and community members.
Here are some ideas on how you and your kids can show yourself some kindness today.
- List the reasons you are awesome. Whether it’s a grocery list or a to-do list, we all make lists from time to time. Today, make a list of the things you love about yourself or things you are proud of.
- Come up with a mantra. Find a phrase that gives you confidence or motivates you. Post it in your house, laptop or at your desk and repeat it. Over and over. Until you believe it. You’ve got this!
- Remind yourself that you are worth it. Maybe this is your mantra! We often forget that loving ourselves is just as important as loving others.
- Schedule down time today. Between work/school, family, friends and everyday responsibilities, some weeks it can be hard to find a spare moment. Block time in your schedule today to be mindful for at least 5 minutes. Here are some things you can do during your mindful moments.
- Think about 3 things or people you are grateful for and why.
- Notice the sights or sounds around you.
- Take deep breaths.
- Close your eyes and imagine yourself in a relaxing place.
- Read a book or ask someone to read to you.
- Spend time watching your favorite show or listening to music or a podcast.
- Exercise! Getting some exercise helps your body and mind feel happy! Take a walk as a family or do something fun.
Share Your Kindness
Are you participating in the Acts of Kindness Challenge? Spread kindness further by sharing with others on social media!
Click the button below to share, or create a post and tag #OnOurSleeves.